Awards & Achievements
The quality, care and academic excellence that has been provided by Mt. Clemens Montessori Academy has led to many state-wide and national awards. We are proud of the accomplishments of our entire student body and staff.
Mt. Clemens Montessori Academy students participate in a variety of contests and events. We have had numerous honors and awards throughout the year. Congratulations to our recent academic contest winners. Proud accomplishments include:
- Science Olympiad Team – Seventh Place in Macomb County Tournament and Sixth Place in the South Macomb District Tournament
- "Bikes for Books” – Mt. Clemens Masonic Lodge
- Macomb County Law Day 2018 award winners in second grade 2nd and 3rd place, in third grade 1st and 3rd place, and in fourth grade 2nd place
- Scripps Spelling Bee Contestants
- Bay Mills Community College Holiday card contest winners
Mt. Clemens Montessori Academy celebrates the Earth and remains a Michigan Green School. We are a GREEN school and promote GREEN living habits to our students.
- Annual Earth Day Expo
- School Garden
- Active Recycling Program
Mt. Clemens Montessori Academy is an integral part of the community and history of Mt. Clemens. We are an invigorating mainstay of the city. The integrity and excellence of the education provided at Mt. Clemens Montessori spans well over four decades; it is a well-known establishment and an important asset to the community.
It has maintained its focus and mission throughout its existence and continues to offer an educational program which meets the needs of all children. The school has preserved a generational presence.
- Multiple Sclerosis Fundraiser and Team Walk
- Mt. Clemens Optimist Annual Trunk or Treat
- Girl Scouts Adopt-a-Road
- Boys Scouts Scouting for Food
- Mitten and Hat Tree
- Collection of foods for the less fortunate during the holidays
- St. Jude Math-A-Thon
- Jump Rope for Heart
- Mitten Tree
- McLaren Macomb Hospital Sing Along
- Assisting MTCMA families less fortunate
- Red, White & Blue Veteran’s Community Concert.
Extracurricular and Enrichment Activities
Mt. Clemens Montessori Academy offers a variety of in-school and afterschool enrichment activities for our students.
Learning experiences develop each child’s potential and promote a belief that he or she can make a difference in today’s society. Students are encouraged to ask questions, formulate solutions and experiment with new ideas. Through these experiences, children learn how to interact positively with each other as well as with adults. They learn how to formulate goals for themselves and then evaluate their progress on those goals.
In-school enrichment activities include:
- Invention Convention
- Scientist of the Week
- Michigan Scrapbook
- Wax Museum Biography Projects
- Dynamic Presentations
- Meaningful Field Trips
- Fifth Grade Play Production
- Safety Squad
- Student Council
- Career Day
- Incredible Kid Day
- International Celebration Week
- Mad Science Demonstration
- Music Offerings of Guy Louis and Jazzistry Performances
- Presentations by Naturalist, Randy Baker
- Field Day
- Dr. Seuss Read Across America Month
- Music Performances by all grade levels
- Recorder instruction to Fourth Graders
- Project 64 and Project 120 - Kindergarten through Second Grade students participate in this fine motor skills program. Children are taught to draw a figure, as well as blending and shading colors to create beautiful pictures
Enrichment activities are offered afterschool to expose our children to a broad spectrum of knowledge and discovery.
- Fifth Grade Band
- Science Olympiad
- Boy Scouts
- Girl Scouts
- Art Explorers
- Homework Club
- Little Extras
Parent Involvement and Participation
The partnership between the school and parents working together is the most powerful component for a successful outcome of our children. We celebrate all of our parents for their cooperation, communication, passion, encouragement and the continual love and support which they have shown throughout the years.
- Active Parent Guild
- Annual Parent Guild Fun Run
- Special Person Day
- Career Day
- Annual Barnes and Noble Book and Art Fair
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Mystery Reader Program
- Parent Classroom Volunteers
- Family Fun Events including a Back to School Celebration, End of the Year Celebration, Family Bowling Night, as well as many other enjoyable family activities.
Mt. Clemens Montessori Academy has been awarded State, Federal and Community grants.
- Additional Instructional Time Grant
- Early Literacy Assessment Grant
Michigan Public School
Please review our school state achievement test results at MI School Data Link
NWEA (Northwestern Evaluation Association)
This web-based testing provides data three times a year to monitor student growth and progress. It also is allowing our students to become proficient utilizing web-based assessments. Students are assessed as to their grade level equivalency on a national basis.
Children that have attended Mt. Clemens Montessori have completed a high school education. An astounding 95% of our alumni have completed college. Even more noteworthy is that 50% of the college graduates have continued their education in graduate and professional schools such as Business, Law and Medicine. Most gratifying to us is that all students who have contacted us, whether at high school level or graduate level, attribute their love for learning to their early experiences at Mount Clemens Montessori. Mount Clemens Montessori alumni have attended universities such as Emory, Harvard, Yale, Tufts, Tulane, University of Michigan, Michigan State University and Wayne State University.
The enjoyment of having Alumni seek to enroll their children and grandchildren at the Academy is immeasurable. It is becoming more frequent that the benefit and experience which many of the Alumni had is transferred to a new generation; Mt. Clemens Montessori Academy is entering a phase of multi-generational alum.